This is a requirement of the revised Sunshine Law and may be adopted by public governmental bodies as required by Section 610.028, RSMo.
WHEREAS, Section 610.023.1, RSMo, provides that a public governmental body is to appoint a custodian to maintain that body’s records and the identity and location of the custodian is to be made available upon request; and
WHEREAS, Section 610.026, RSMo, sets forth that a public governmental body shall provide access to and, upon request, furnish copies of public records; and
WHEREAS, Section 610.028.2, RSMo, provides that a public governmental body shall provide a reasonable written policy in compliance with sections 610.010 to 610.030, RSMo, commonly referred to as the Sunshine Law, regarding the release of information on any meeting, record or vote.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED:
1. That Nicole Rodman be and hereby is appointed custodian of the records of the City of Merriam Woods and that such custodian is located at City Hall at 4417 State Highway 176, Merriam Woods, MO 65740.
2. That said custodian shall respond to all requests for access to or copies of a public record within the time period provided by statute except in those circumstances authorized by statute.
3. That the fees to be charged for access to or furnishing copies of records shall be as hereinafter provided: 10 cents per page for paper copies 9 by 14 or smaller, plus an hourly fee of $12.00 for duplicating time. (Research time may be billed at actual cost.)
4. That it is the public policy of the City of Merriam Woods that meetings, records, votes, actions and deliberations of this body shall be open to the public unless otherwise provided by law.
5. That the City of Merriam Woods shall comply with sections 610.010 to 610.030, RSMo, the Sunshine Law, as now existing or hereafter amended.